Fail2ban won't start : Have not found any log file for recidive jail

Hi,

I’ve deleted logs files (and folders) inside /var/log
So, I’ve quickly understood that’s a crappy way to make some free space…
To come back to a original state, I’ve created some folders for the logs files
nginx (755, root:adm)
redis (755, root:redis)
rspamd (755, root:_rspamd)
touch /var/log/fail2ban.log (777 root:root) I’m sure it’s not clean…

https://paste.yunohost.org/olujafesas

ERROR   Failed during configuration: Have not found any log file for recidive jail
ERROR   Async configuration of server failed

Many thx for trying to resolve my crazy idea to kill every logs :confused: My bad !!

Look at the contents of /etc/fail2ban/jail.d/recidive.conf
in particular the line

logpath =

Then create this file in /var/log with the correct permissions

1 Like

Thx Mib!

I don’t have this recidive.conf in this folder. So I’ve watched those logpaths on the other files inside this folder, and all logfiles are here (not sure is those logfiles have correct permissions…)
Humm, I’ve made fail2ban.log in /var/log, this one is 0 octet, so nothing is written inside. May be a problem with permissions…? What are the rights on this file in your case please ?
Thx :slight_smile:

@petrus
The recidive record can also be in these files, and there are several methods for configuring fail2ban.

/etc/fail2ban/jail.conf
/etc/fail2ban/jail.local

For permissions

chown root:adm /var/log/fail2ban.log
chmod 640 /var/log/fail2ban.log

Thx.

There are many softwares in the jail.conf
I don’t think all of them are needed, and not sure if fail2ban is watching them ?

May be there’s a way to show a problem with fail2ban config while it’s trying to start ?
Nothing inside /var/log/fail2ban.log it’s empty

Fail2ban can monitor many applications and services.

Although these applications are not installed, fail2ban will take care of them once they’re installed, so you don’t have to create rules yourself.

May be I have to reinstall Yunohost from scratch… not a good news, but I don’t really understand where to find a good way to debug this fail2ban…

But, is there a way to reinstall / reconfig Fail2ban ?

touch /var/log/fail2ban.log
without anything else solved the problem…
Thx all :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.