Fail to install apps packaging environment with virtualbox

Discovering the new ynh doc which is great, it motivated me again to try to package some apps. I was trying to install a development environment but can’t get to somehow. I followed the guide to install on virtualbox, but when I start the VM, after I choose “Graphical install”, the screen remains black with a white underscore blinking at bottom of the screen. Anyone has maybe an idea what could be the problem?

Sometimes a line flashes very fast hardly readable. Making a screencast I managed to read it, it says: Frambuffer not available: disable graphical frontend.

I also tried “Text install”, but same blinking underscore at bottom of screen, and not even a message.

Any idea or suggestion is super welcome :slight_smile:

The best I’ve had is hitting some keys, another message blinking: tail: can't open '/var/log/syslog': No such file or directory.

Followed-up on the chat: apparently this issue appears if you put only 512 MB ram for the virtualbox…

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.