External drive unmounting

YNH 4.7.1.4 / RPI 4 / usb3 ssd external drive
here is the fstab file

UUID part 1 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
UUID part 2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1
UUID part 3 /home/yunohost.app ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1
UUID part 4 /home/yunohost.backup ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1

I don’t now why, but my external drive unmount every times yunohost write to a folder where the drive is mounted. I also lost all hope of installing yunohost directly to the ssd. I had the same type of errors.

As example, when I launch nextcloud install, the mountpoint of sda1 and sda2 are empty.

Do I have to add right to the partition, add option to the fstab file. Do the usb port have enough power for the ssd?

thanks for your answers.

You micht check dmesg command and do a test of your SSD with smartctl (apt install smartmontools).

On my side i have this as option in my fstab defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro

1 Like

As it seems to be common these days, is this disk old ?
(I recently had 2 disks that were unmounted frequently, and another user here had one, all due to a dying disk).

Finally, I decided to transfer yunohost entirely to the ssd drive with etcher by cloning the sdcard.img to the ssd.
Booting from ssd, access to ssh ok, webadmin ok and after 2min triyng to install nextcloud, nginx service stop and all command are broken.

$ ls -l
-bash: /usr/bin/ls: Input/output error

$ service nginx restart
-bash: service: command not found

$ shutdown -r now
-bash: shutdown: command not found

So I boot from SD card again

indeed dmesg give

[82351.027868] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
[82351.671733] Under-voltage detected! (0x00050005)

RPI4 was behind battery with 5VDC 2,4A output. I fed the RPI4 directly with the power supply 5VDC 8A output. After that voltage alert is gone.
BUT…
When I do this, all devices connected to the router (GL-B1300) can’t access to the internet.
So I plug the old battery (2,4A) again.
Same thing, internet is gone.
It seem that SSD propagate some disturbances on the ethernet output … great!

But, now I can’t boot from ssd drive either. Some corrupting shit appear by magic LOL breaaathee

3 grams later, I finally decide to boot from the SD card. All system, internet, ssh access ok.

Checking the SSD.

smartctl -c /dev/sda
Read Device Identity failed: scsi error unsupported field in scsi command

maybe I’m gonna buy 256Gb SD card, and another in two years, etc

Next time, please fill the support template with the detail of your setup. This info was very important to answer you…

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.