Exclude Syncthing from Backup before Upgrade (or change storage)

My YunoHost server
Hardware: Dell R720
YunoHost version: Powered by YunoHost 11.1.17 (stable).
I have access to my server : SSH, direct access
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : not really. I have a RAID server, where /home = ~2TB and /var = 20TB so most of my storage needs to be on /var

because my syncthing is stored on /var, which has more storage, when I try to upgrade syncthing it fails because it tries to backup to /home, which is a smaller HDD. Is there a way to exclude the backup or move it elsewhere?

Here are the logs, but they’re pretty straightfoward fail

The logs are missing, and the fail is not straightforward because, by default, Syncthing’s app is stored in /var/www/syncthing, and its data in /home/yunohost.app/syncthing. Before any upgrade, the backup script is run but it always excludes the datadir.

However, the default backup directory is in /home/yunohost.backup. Could it be the problem? Maybe. Share the logs. :wink:

oh my goodness, I can’t believe I forgot to paste! here they are: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/muyanulixi

maybe I messed up because I made the synced folder in “/var/www/syncthing/FOLDER” so that’s maybe why it’s getting swept up in the backup?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.