Excalidraw - stops at loading scene

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3 stable
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello, I installed ExcaliDraw and started it. All I get is “Loading scene…” (tested from within a PC browser and also smartphone. Anyone has an idea? Thanks, jose

1 Like

Hi,

Same problem here, with Firefox, Chrome, Chromium and Brave on Fedora.

Any usable log output from excalidraw service?

there is a load of ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached messages:

May 24 17:32:36 xxx.nohost.me yarn[3506]: Error from chokidar (/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene): Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch '/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene/export.ts'
May 24 17:32:36 xxx.nohost.me yarn[3506]: Error from chokidar (/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene): Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch '/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene/index.ts'
May 24 17:32:36 xxx.nohost.me yarn[3506]: Error from chokidar (/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene): Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch '/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene/scroll.ts'
May 24 17:32:36 xxx.nohost.me yarn[3506]: Error from chokidar (/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene): Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch '/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene/scrollbars.ts'
May 24 17:32:36 xxx.nohost.me yarn[3506]: Error from chokidar (/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene): Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch '/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene/selection.ts'
May 24 17:32:36 xxx.nohost.me yarn[3506]: Error from chokidar (/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene): Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch '/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene/types.ts'
May 24 17:32:36 xxx.nohost.me yarn[3506]: Error from chokidar (/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene): Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch '/var/www/excalidraw/src/scene/zoom.ts'

For the record: bumping the number of watchers removed the error messages but the problem is still there.

1 Like

Upstream GH issue already exists for this: The app doesn't work after a fresh install · Issue #3 · YunoHost-Apps/excalidraw_ynh · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for pointing to the GH issue; as mentioned there, I’m having the same issue, and noticed that the static folder (which should contain the css and js subfolders with all their relative goodies) is not created in the public folder containing the website interface (as part of the /var/www/excalidraw main folder).
Maybe it’s a relevant detail.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.