Error Nextcloud upgrade 27.0.2 => 27.1.2 /

Hello Yunohost & Nextcloud experts and fans,

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VM arm64 with QEMU on Freebox Delta Server / System : Linux 5.10.0-26-arm64 / Debian 11.8

YunoHost version: 11.2.4 (stable)

I have access to my server : Terminal

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes

If yes, please explain: : My Yunohost runs perfectly since 2021 with 5 sub domains

• 4 My_Web_App domains
  • 1 domain with Nextcloud, Phpsysinfo, Phpmyadmin,Shellinabox).
    I recently created the principal domain (managing DNS), and deleted 2 unused My_Web_App
    All diagnostics are green. App Nextcloud and mail are working.

Description of my issue

I have two fatal issues

1. Nextcloud upgrade 27.0.2 => 27.1.2 fails on command “nextcloud php8.2 --define apc.enable_cli=1” with “Error: Call to undefined function simplexml_load_string() in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/InfoParser.php:69”
    Full log

2. Phpsysinfo shows this message on a white screen “phpSysInfo requires the simplexml extension to php in order to work properly.”

Both issues seem to be related with php simplexml extension. I did

• uninstall and reinstall Phpsysinfo but it doesn’t change anything Full log
  • install php-7.0, reinstall php8.2 and php-xml extensions but it doesn’t change anything

Does anyone know how to fix php simplexml extension parameters so that apps can use it?

Thank you for your help

Can you confirm that you installed exactly php8.2-xml and not php-xml ?

Edit: hmm anyway php8.2-xml is listed in the apt dependencies seen in the full log so that shouldnt be the issue …

Thank a lot Aleks!
I just found the issue.
Checking differences beetwen differents php versions, I fount seven 0 octet files (including simplexml.ini) in /etc/php/8.2/mods-available.
After copying those files from /etc/php/8.1/mods-available

• Phpsysinfo is up again
  • and Nextcloud upgrade seems ok

I have now to check for other 0 octet files, and upgrade logs
Hapiness :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.