Error after updating Nextcloud

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 11.2.5
I have access to my server : Through SSH & through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no tweaking
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Nextcloud 27.1.2~ynh3

Description of my issue

After updating the nextcloud app with the webadmin, its doesn’t work anymore. I only get the Nextcloud logo with a “Error” message under it.

I didn’t find another message with the same issue.
I don’t know how I can get back to the last version of NC or find any clue what is going wrong.
I tried rebooting the raspberry but it’s not changing anything.
I can’t find the logs of nextcloud that can maybe help me.

Any advice welcome !

You should find logs in Tools/Logs in the YunoHost’s admin.
(Just to be sure, did you do the upgrade from the YunoHost’s admin interface, or NextCloud’s interface ? )

Normally, a backup was done before the upgrade, so it should be possible to restore it, you can find it in Backup / Local (it may complain that NextCloud is already installed, so to restore it, you can first remove it and then restore, but as NextCloud’s backup mechanism is special, you should be sure about the user files, I think that they are NOT included in the backup, and I have no idea if the removal of NextCloud delete files or not.)

@Mamie : Yes I used the YNH admin interface to upgrade NC.

I found the logs of the update in Tools/Logs.But it doesn’t contains errors. The update is successful :

2023-11-13 21:45:17,549: DEBUG - Checking that required services are up and running…
2023-11-13 21:45:27,468: SUCCESS - nextcloud mis à jour

What I can’t find are the logs of the NC process running, that gives me an “Error” message when I try to open it in the web browser.

I tried to restore the automatic backup done before update of NC, but as you wrote it gives me an error message for restoring NC, that is already installed.
I thought to uninstall it before restoring the backup but I feared to loose all my settings or that it was not a good idea.
Is it the way I should go ?

I don’t have documents in the NC user folders, as I only used the option to include a link to a shared folder on the external disk. I hope that when I uninstall NC it will not delete all the files on this external drive.

Theoretically, the backup should contain everything needed to restore the app as it was, but I can not guaranty this and restoring a backup is always stressful :frowning_face:

Hi.
Surprisingly, nextcloud now works as before, with no action from me. :thinking:
Hope it will last as is, otherwise I would have to try the uninstall app/restore backup. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for your reply, though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.