Erreur restauration sauvegarde mails [Résolu]

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS OVH
YunoHost version: 11.2.5
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hi,
Following a mishandling in the Nextcloud database, I was forced to restore a backup of my VPS. I had previously made a backup of the emails so as not to lose 24 hours of exchanges.
Once the backup has been reinstalled by OVH, the instance works perfectly.
However, when I try to recover my email backup with the YNH tool, I get the following error:

2023-11-23 09:20:38,859: DEBUG - The permission database has been resynchronized
2023-11-23 09:20:39,081: DEBUG - La configuration de SSOwat a été regénérée
2023-11-23 09:20:39,088: DEBUG - Permission 'nextcloud.api' supprimée
2023-11-23 09:20:39,088: DEBUG - Journal complet de cette opération : '<a href="#/tools/logs/20231123-092038-permission_delete-nextcloud" style="text-decoration:underline"> Supprimer permission 'nextcloud' </a>'

As a result, the restoration fails and I lose all access to the installed applications, except Nextcloud…

I don’t really understand how this has anything to do with my emails, but if anyone can help me I would be extremely grateful.

Good day,
Gwylohm

Mon serveur YunoHost

Matériel: VPS OVHcloud
Version de YunoHost: 11.2.5
J’ai accès à mon serveur : En SSH | Par la webadmin
Êtes-vous dans un contexte particulier ou avez-vous effectué des modificiations particulières sur votre instance ? : non

Description du problème

Bonjour,
À la suite d’une mauvaise manipulation dans la base de données de Nextcloud, j’ai été obligé de restaurer un backup de mon VPS. J’avais au préalable fait une sauvegarde des mails pour ne pas perdre 24 heures d’échanges sur plusieurs comptes.
Une fois la réinstallation du backup effectué par OVH, l’instance fonctionne parfaitement.
Toutefois, quand je tente de récupérer la sauvegarde de mes mails avec l’outil de YNH, j’ai l’erreur suivante :

2023-11-23 09:20:38,859: DEBUG - The permission database has been resynchronized
2023-11-23 09:20:39,081: DEBUG - La configuration de SSOwat a été regénérée
2023-11-23 09:20:39,088: DEBUG - Permission 'nextcloud.api' supprimée
2023-11-23 09:20:39,088: DEBUG - Journal complet de cette opération : '<a href="#/tools/logs/20231123-092038-permission_delete-nextcloud" style="text-decoration:underline"> Supprimer permission 'nextcloud' </a>'

À la suite de quoi, la restauration échoue et je perds tous les accès aux différentes applications installées, excepté Nextcloud…

Je ne comprends pas trop en quoi ça a un lien avec mes mails, mais si quelqu’un peut m’aider, je lui serai extrêmement reconnaissant.

Bonne journée,
Gwylohm

Hi Gwylohm,

Any hints in that log?

And the restore-task of the emails, does it offer to upload the full log for context?

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
But the emergency pushed me to reinstall completely the server.
I hope I will not be confronted to the same bug and I will find my emails…
I’ll keep you informed.
Thanks again.
Gwylohm

1 Like

Bummer :frowning:

Good luck!

1 Like

Well, after de restoration of the snapshot of my VPS occured, I manually uploaded all the files presents in my YNH backup tar archive to /var/mail and it worked.
I don’t understand why the YNH backup restoration process didn’t work but I am now reassured. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.