[EMAIL] One alias for multiple users

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online (Hetzner)
YunoHost version: 3.6.4.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen. Any of them, actually
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : not yet, planning to use the unofficial Docker image at a later date

Description of my issue

I’d like to have one alias redirecting emails sent to it to several users.
For example, we are several users on my YunoHost instance to work on the server. Therefore, I’d like to have the hostmaster@domain.tld to redirect to three of my users. I, the admin, already have the alias, but when I try to add it to another user, I get the following error message:

L’attribut 'mail' existe déjà avec la valeur suivante : 'hostmaster@lama-corp.space'

Do I have to create a user for all these emails and put the users I want the emails to be forwarded to in the forward list of this new user?

Thanks already!

Yes, that would be the current workaround

What you’re describing is a feature which is discussed since quite some time, but nobody took the time to work/finish the implementation …

That would make a good first contribution to the project for anyone willing to join :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.