Element/Synapse: problem with integration manager unreachable (gestionnaire d'intégration)

Hi,

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS Hetzner CX11 1VCPU 2GB RAM
YunoHost version: 4.0.8
I have access to my server : SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I installed using yunohost, Synapse and Element. It nicely work except for one feature, the integration manager us unreachable. I thus cannot add widgets, bridges or bot in a group (salon) and cannot add stickers.
What is strange, is that the same features works well on a second yunohost instance for which i used the same hardware and installation (except for the domain name wich use nohost.me in this case and a personal domain for the one which doesn’t work).

Any idea what can be wrong ?

Thank you in advance

Maybe you need to set an identity server in the settings of element. Did you set it ?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
From the app settings, the identity server was previously (by default) set to vector.im.
I now clicked on change the identity server which took out vector.im and try without. It doesn’t change anything for the integration manager problem.
I however now cannot set back the identify server to vector.im…

Any other idea ?

Is you server public and federated (open port 8448)? You might want to check out this too…

1 Like

On my side, I can acces the integration manager from my phone, with the Element app, but not from the Element app on YunoHost (all with my Synapse server on YunoHost).
(As I have no need yet for this, I did not search more than this, but maybe it can help)

Indeed @HoldMyGin was right, the solution was in the description of the Synapse app (see Access by federation section):

Indeed, I install Synapse on my personal domain synapse.example.com but didn’t declare my server name and port to the federation. Once I did that (see link above), the integration server worked well.
This seems not to be necessary for the domain name synapse.example.myhost.me which explain the different behavior between my two yunohost instances.

Thank you all for your help !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.