ElasticSearch and OpenSearch are both distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine. You can use them to store, search, and manage data for logs, metrics, search backend, application monitoring, Endpoint security.
- ElasticSearch7: 7.17.8~ynh6
- ElasticSearch8: 8.6.2~ynh1
- OpenSearch: 2.5.0~ynh2
As an end user, you would probably not worry about these packages, unless you worry about the licenses.
As a packager, you would probably like to use one of them if the app requires using an ElasticSearch or an OpenSearch indexer. You may call the
What are the differences between them
- OpenSearch is a fork of ElasticSearch7 and share a common API with it;
- ElasticSearch7 and ElasticSearch8 are SSPL licensed and thus are not totally free/open-source;
- OpenSearch is a fork initiated by Amazon…
You may also take a look of why ElasticSearch is not totally free/open-source anymore.
I did not package ElasticSearch 7.10, despite being the last ElasticSearch free/open-source version, as the last patch was released 2 years ago, and I am not confident about the security of it at all.
- ElasticSearch 7: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/elasticsearch7_ynh: Distributed and RESTful search engine for YunoHost.
- ElasticSearch 8: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/elasticsearch8_ynh: Distributed and RESTful search engine for YunoHost.
- OpenSearch: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/opensearch_ynh: Open source distributed and RESTful search engine for YunoHost.