Editing nginx domain conf added by Yunohost

Hi all, thanks for a great software and a wonderful forum!

I am migrating my server across from a cpanel vps system and bringing a couple of existing apps with me. Unfortunately, the main apps I’m running on my old server (Trac issue tracking system and AWStats) don’t (yet) seem to have Yunohost apps available specifically for them. I looked at the generic “Custom Webapp” for these but there’s a lot of mismatch - extras that “Custom Webapp” add that I don’t need and other configurations it doesn’t do that I do need.

My Trac Issue tracker is currently hosted on a subdomain like this: tracker.mydomain.com.au, and I’d like to keep it going that way on my new Yunohost server. However, after adding my subdomain to my Yunohost server I installed my trac app manually, configuring it to run as a daemon and then added a nginx conf file into /etc/nginx/sites-available/ directory.

But when I ran sudo nginx -t to test my new config, it gave me a “conflicting server name “blah blah” ignored” warning. I then discovered that Yunohost has already added a configuration file for my subdomain in /etc/nginx/conf.d/ .

So, my question is, can I just edit the Yunohost conf.d entry for my subdomain, or will this cause Yunohost problems in future?

Also, if anyone happens to be working on a Trac (and/or AWStats) application for Yunohost, I’d be keen to collaborate.

TIA,

Rob Hills
Waikiki, Western Australia

Maybe my first post was too long? I’ll condense it:

I have added a Subdomain to my site. Yunohost has added a nginx configuration file for my subdomain in /etc/nginx/conf.d/

Will there be future problems for my site if I edit this file?

Many thanks,

Rob
Waikiki, Western Australia

you can make the changes you like but it will be overwritten on next update of my_webapp . so you’ll have to make the same changes on next update (or you may ignore the update which is not recommended unless you know what you’re doing)