DynDNS behind DS Lite connection

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 3.4.2-rpi-stable
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Thanks to everyone who is responsible for this great project. I’ve been playing around with yunohost for a few days now and it’s really fun. Since this is my first hosting project, of course not everything works right away.

My ISP only provides me with a DS lite connection (also known as Carrier-Grade-NAT). I.e. I have full IPv6 connectivity. My router also has an IPv4 address. However, this IPv4 address is only valid for outgoing traffic and cannot be accessed from the Internet.

During the installation I set up a nohost.me domain. However, the automatically generated DynDNS entry contains both the IPv6 and the IPv4 address (which, of course, is useless).

So I had to create the TLS certificate from “Let’s Encrypt” manually. The mechanism that yunohost uses may not work because of the incorrect IPv4 address.

I then successfully installed nextcloud, but I cannot use the nextcloud Android app. The app cannot connect to my server.
I suspect that this problem is also related to the wrong IPv4 address.

Therefore I would like to understand:
Can I setup Yunohost’s built-in automatism for dynDNS so that the wrong IPv4 address is no longer published? Or do I have to switch to another DynDNS provider?

Does anyone have experience with Yunohost behind a DS Lite port and are there are other issues to consider?

Thanks in advance for your help

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.