Download backup via terminal where is the data located komplett Datein

can someone please tell me where i can access my backups via terminal because i want to download the whole thing and upload it to a new server. Completely as it is now.
how can i proceed here and find all the data to be able to download it. Can someone help me here, because I want to put everything on a new server. Unfortunately, it’s not possible via the desktop panel for admins. So I would be grateful for your help and support. Thank you very much

Please refer to Backing up your server | Yunohost Documentation. Backups are in /home/yunohost.backup/archives/.

1 Like

How is that screenshot relevant?

since there is no backup to be found here, as you have informed me

That does not look like the contents of /home/yunohost.backup/archives/. I cannot help you if you do not explain what you are trying on your server (for example, do not hide the command you entered…).

For example, one of mine:

➜  ~ ls -la /home/yunohost.backup/archives/
total 669136
drwxr-x--- 2 admin root            4096 Feb 14 21:39 .
drwxr-x--- 4 admin root            4096 Jan 23 21:04 ..
-rw-rw---- 1 root  multimedia       281 Jan 28 22:19 20220214-181307.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root             312 Feb  6 12:06 bazarr-pre-upgrade1.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root       216637440 Feb  6 12:06 bazarr-pre-upgrade1.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root             311 Jan 23 21:05 homeassistant-pre-upgrade1.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root       468367360 Jan 23 21:05 homeassistant-pre-upgrade1.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root             303 Jan 26 08:10 shellinabox-pre-upgrade1.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          153600 Jan 26 08:10 shellinabox-pre-upgrade1.tar
1 Like

this is my server and a screen from Younohost and nothing else is that. The whole thing runs on a real server and no raspi or anything else. So I don’t understand what they’re missing or can’t see.

Show me the output of the command sudo ls -la /home/yunohost.backup/archives/ in your server.

1 Like

That’s my problem, where do I find it, or rather how do I download it all so that I can download it to the new server, down and up again since I’ve completed the installation. And now yunohost is already on the new server is running, but I need to be able to download the content from the old server first. So first of all, thank you for your help.

Have you read the documentation? There’s a section called “Downloading backups, from the command line” Backing up your server | Yunohost Documentation

1. Install YunoHost on the new server, do not perform the post-installation
  2. Run the scp... command to transfer the backup.

scp admin@<your.old-server-domain.tld>:/home/yunohost.backup/archives/<archive_name>.tar /home/yunohost.backup/archives/<archive_name>.tar

1. I would advise you to make a system backup with no apps first, then restore it in the new server. It will replace the post-installation step. You can then do the same with the apps.
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.