Docker and Yunohost in the Spring of 2022

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: Latest
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Hello.

I have found different posts in the forum about Yunohost and Docker. I have seen there is no official app to have Docker on Yunohost now.

Currently, what is the recommendation regarding Docker? Is it a good idea to install Docker and run Docker containers on a Yunohost machine? Or is it problematic?

Thank you!

Indeed there is no working app for managing Docker (and “official” apps are no longer a thing).

You can install Docker: Docker and YunoHost won’t clash as long as you make sure your containers do not try to use ports used by YunoHost. You can even proxy your containers via YunoHost with the Redirect app.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.