DNS Error after setup of

Hardware: computer
YunoHost version: 11.2.4
I have access to my server : through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Hi all, please be gentle I’m very new to both YunoHost and Linux.

I just setup the server and everything seems okay with the diagnostic except the DNS which is giving me an error.

This domain’s DNS configuration should automatically be managed by YunoHost. If that’s not the case, you can try to force an update using yunohost dyndns update --force.
The following DNS record does not seem to follow the recommended configuration:
Type: A
Name: @
Current value: 69.169.245.228
Expected value: 69.169.244.49

Strangely I’m using the built in DNS (nohost.me) so I don’t think I actually have any control over these settings. So I’m not sure what to do.

Hmmm yes indeed … Sooo let’s try to see if the auto dyndns update is working or on the contrary spits an error

You can connect on your server using SSH (or screen/keyboard directly) and use sudo yunohost dyndns update and share what it returns

These words initially gave me a panic attack then turned out to be quite easy!

However all it says is
“Info: No updated needed.”

Hmmmm okay so naively I would try to force the diagnosis to re-check the DNS in case that was just a temporary issue (you can do so from the webadmin > Diagnosis > blue button ‘Re-run diagnosis’ on the DNS record section)

If it’s still there then I would try to compare what the command :
curl https://ip.yunohost.org
returns (still in SSH) compared to what the Diagnosis says about the “Expected value”

Returning the diagnostic gives the same result.

The curl command you gave returns the 69.169.244.49 address.

But, everything appears to be working. Not that I’ve tested that deep yet.

Well here we are an hour later and… its gone away. Returns green now. No idea what happened or what changed but hey issue resolved!

Now on to figuring out onlyoffice nextlcoud.

Thank you for your help

Alrighty that’s a bit puzzling but good news I guess haha :sweat_smile: Cheers !

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.