DNS Diagnosis incorrect

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old Dell laptop
YunoHost version: 4.2.8.1 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

The diagnosis reports a missing DNS A record

However, the record does exist…

This report began after a recent update was applied to the Yunohost server (can’t remember which one) but the DNS settings in Heart had not changed. Anyone have any ideas what’s wrong here?
Thanks

Seems a DNS cache issues, wait 1 hour (maybe 24h) and rerun diagnosis.

I thought about that but it’s been going on for over a week.

And still going on. DNS propagation checkers all show no problems but this is now preventing cert renewal. I have no idea what to do next.

I completely reinstalled Yunohost from scratch and moved my domain to a new registrar to get CAA record support. Diagnosis still reports the error for the A record. Clearly the problem is with Yunohost. Can anyone suggest where to look to solve this? PLEASE! Otherwise I’m going to have to move to another distro.

Could you copy the detail explanation here ?

I f you think your config is ok, you can try to bypass diagnosis checks for installing Let’s Encrypt:

yunohost domain cert-install --no-checks

Detailed description is in the original post. I have been doing everything from the web interface. What is the syntax for cert install from the command line?

Edit: OK, I found the cert-install documentation. I’ll give it a try.

Yes, that got me an updated certificate. I’d still like to know what’s wrong though so I could report a bug or fix my installation, whichever is relevant.

Gotcha! I had a dodgy LAN DNS setting in the router. All working again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.