DNS configuration for a domain with Porkbun

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.3.4.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello everyone.
I am trying to configure the DNS for my domain which is registered with Porkbun. I did read DNS zone configuration | Yunohost Documentation and also Hosting Made Easy With Yunohost where the entries are explained one by one.

The domain still don’t connect to the server, I am able to use just some subdomains from nohost.me but not my domain. What have I done wrong?

Thank you.

It is possible that you have to wait for the propagation of the DNS record. This can take up to 72 hours depending on the network provider. You can test the propagation with a site like https://www.dnstester.net/. For the moment only ns1.my1server.win seems to have started propagating.

1 Like

Does the IP correspond to the IP of your Yunohost? I notice two ns… records woth similar addresses; how many A-records does Yunohost give you?

1 Like

My VPS has 2 IPs. One setup for ns1 and the second for ns2 (in gluerecords prokbun).

Suggested DNS records for manual configuration:

; Basic ipv4/ipv6 records
my1server 3600 IN A 23.94.134.190

; Mail
my1server 3600 IN MX 10 my1server.win.
my1server 3600 IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx -all"
mail._domainkey.my1server 3600 IN TXT "v=DKIM1; h=sha256; k=rsa; p=TheLoooongKeyHere"
_dmarc.my1server 3600 IN TXT "v=DMARC1; p=none"

; XMPP
_xmpp-client._tcp.my1server 3600 IN SRV 0 5 5222 my1server.win.
_xmpp-server._tcp.my1server 3600 IN SRV 0 5 5269 my1server.win.
muc.my1server 3600 IN CNAME my1server
pubsub.my1server 3600 IN CNAME my1server
vjud.my1server 3600 IN CNAME my1server
xmpp-upload.my1server 3600 IN CNAME my1server; Extra
*.my1server 3600 IN A 23.94.134.190
my1server 3600 IN CAA 128 issue "letsencrypt.org"

I also have some real doubt on you NS records.

NS stands for ‘nameserver,’ and the nameserver record indicates which DNS server is authoritative for that domain (i.e. which server contains the actual DNS records). Basically, NS records tell the Internet where to go to find out a domain’s IP address. A domain often has multiple NS records which can indicate primary and backup nameservers for that domain. Without properly configured NS records, users will be unable to load a website or application.

Unless you are your own self-hosted DNS server, which is unlikely, the authoritative server is most likely a porkbun.com server. I advise you to reset the records and keep the default values for the NS records.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.