Diagnosis tool says that port 443 is inaccessible, but no apparent issues with HTTPS

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B, 4 GB RAM
YunoHost version: 4.1.7.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH and direct access
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: Installed Wireguard recently, might be related to the issue as the diagnosis message started shortly after

Description of my issue

I’m currently being reported an error from the diagnosis tool, that says as follows:

Port 443 is not reachable from outside.
- Exposing this port is needed for web features (service nginx)
- To fix this issue, you most probably need to configure port forwarding on your internet router as described in https://yunohost.org/isp_box_config

The problem is, I have already configured my router, every other service is working without issues (including ports 22, 25, 80, 587, 993, 5222, and 5269), and attempting to connect from an outside network via HTTPS gives me no issues at all! Every single subdomain is marked as “reachable through HTTP from outside the local network” as well, so I don’t know how can I pinpoint the service or subdomain that is causing the test tool to fail.

Uuuuh wokay that’s weird ? I’m guess that if you re-run the diagnosis it still shows the error ?

Correct! It’s been displaying that error for about a week already, and I can’t find how to remove it.

Eeeh okay, what’s really puzzling is that for HTTPS to work, port 443 must be exposed … but if you confirm that HTTPS works (and if even the diagnosis sucesfully run the other checks) then I guess that’s … “okay”

Naively I would just click “ignore” for this error, even though that’s still puzzling and not really intellectually satisfactory, but meh

1 Like

After the latest automated update of YunoHost, the error message got slightly more detailed:

=================================
Ports exposure (ports)

[ERROR] Port 443 is not reachable from outside.
  - Exposing this port is needed for web features (service nginx)
  - To fix this issue, you most probably need to configure port forwarding on your internet router as described in https://yunohost.org/isp_box_config

Web (web)

[WARNING] Could not diagnose if domains are reachable from outside in IPv4.
  - Error: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='diagnosis.yunohost.org', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=30)

Not sure if this means that the port 443 error is simply a false positive caused by diagnosis.yunohost.org being temporarily down, or if there’s something else caused by my specific setup (DNS maybe?)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.