Déploiement de Nextcloud pour un établissement scolaire

Je sais que certains ici travaillent sur cette problématique, je propose ici un retour d’expérience de configuration Nextcloud pour un établissement de 200 élèves:
https://wiki.chatons.org/doku.php/exemple_de_deploiement_nextcloud_pour_un_etablissement_scolaire_covid19

2 Likes

Hi @ljf

To know for the package itself, did the settings fpm_config_usage set to high wasn’t enough for your usage ?
It was the purpose of this setting to serve in such situation, but we never had a real use case.

Also, did you know of such setting ? And, so, did you try it ?

I was not aware of this settings, i will check that and answer you this evening.

To do that would rebuild your fpm config file, a backup should be make though.
You’ll find the setting into the config-panel of the app, alongside with the footprint, already set to high.

I have tested it:

root@XXXX:/var/www/nextcloud# yunohost app config apply nextcloud -a "YNH_CONFIG_MAIN_PHP_FPM_CONFIG_FOOTPRINT=high&YNH_CONFIG_MAIN_PHP_FPM_CONFIG_FREE_FOOTPRINT=0&YNH_CONFIG_MAIN_PHP_FPM_CONFIG_USAGE=high"
Warning: Warning: this feature is experimental and not consider stable, you shouldn't be using it except if you know what you are doing.
Warning: [WARN] File /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/nextcloud.conf has been manually modified since the installation or last upgrade. So it has been duplicated in /home/yunohost.conf/backup//etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/nextcloud.conf.backup.20200323.105711
Warning: --- /home/yunohost.conf/backup//etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/nextcloud.conf.backup.20200323.105711	2020-03-20 15:08:04.843843605 +0000
Warning: +++ /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/nextcloud.conf	2020-03-23 10:57:13.516774248 +0000
Warning: @@ -99,7 +99,7 @@
Warning:  ;             pm.process_idle_timeout   - The number of seconds after which
Warning:  ;                                         an idle process will be killed.
Warning:  ; Note: This value is mandatory.
Warning: -pm = dynamic
Warning: +pm = static
Warning: 
Warning:  ; The number of child processes to be created when pm is set to 'static' and the
Warning:  ; maximum number of child processes when pm is set to 'dynamic' or 'ondemand'.
Warning: @@ -110,22 +110,22 @@
Warning:  ; forget to tweak pm.* to fit your needs.
Warning:  ; Note: Used when pm is set to 'static', 'dynamic' or 'ondemand'
Warning:  ; Note: This value is mandatory.
Warning: -pm.max_children = 30
Warning: +pm.max_children = 16
Warning: 
Warning:  ; The number of child processes created on startup.
Warning:  ; Note: Used only when pm is set to 'dynamic'
Warning:  ; Default Value: min_spare_servers + (max_spare_servers - min_spare_servers) / 2
Warning: -pm.start_servers = 10
Warning: +;pm.start_servers = 2
Warning: 
Warning:  ; The desired minimum number of idle server processes.
Warning:  ; Note: Mandatory when pm is set to 'dynamic'
Warning: -pm.min_spare_servers = 1
Warning: +;pm.min_spare_servers = 1
Warning: 
Warning:  ; The desired maximum number of idle server processes.
Warning:  ; Note: Mandatory when pm is set to 'dynamic'
Warning: -pm.max_spare_servers = 10
Warning: +;pm.max_spare_servers = 3
Warning: 
Warning:  ; The number of seconds after which an idle process will be killed.
Warning:  ; Note: Used only when pm is set to 'ondemand'
Warning: @@ -370,7 +370,7 @@
Warning:  ; Chdir to this directory at the start.
Warning:  ; Note: relative path can be used.
Warning:  ; Default Value: current directory or / when chroot
Warning: -chdir = /var/www/nextcloud
Warning: +chdir = 
Warning: 
Warning:  ; Redirect worker stdout and stderr into main error log. If not set, stdout and
Warning:  ; stderr will be redirected to /dev/null according to FastCGI specs.

Bonjour, très intéressant !
du coup comment je peux passer de la version stable à la version test sans rien perdre ?

It seems currently to slow for 60 user in 5 minutes and 100 in 1 hour.

I increase pm.max_children to 50 and keep the static params.

I have 4 vcpu, i am going to add one more, because my virtual cpus are between 90 and 100%.

Thank you to have created this config panel.

1 Like