Customize Gitea

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: x.x.x
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

Somewhere according to Gitea documentation there is supposed to be a templates folder that you can customize the front page and other things… I can’t find it to save my life. Any help would be great.

Sorry, Gitea’s installation path is not easily accessible. It seems not to be stored in its settings and you would have needed to check out its code (repo gitea_ynh). It’s in /opt/gitea and its data in /home/gitea.

As per https://docs.gitea.io/en-us/administration/customizing-gitea/ :

Every single page of Gitea can be changed. Dynamic content is generated using go templates, which can be modified by placing replacements below the $GITEA_CUSTOM/templates directory.

Customizing Gitea is typically done using the CustomPath folder - by default this is the custom folder from the running directory, but may be different if your build has set this differently. This is the central place to override configuration settings, templates, etc. You can check the CustomPath using gitea help. You can also find the path on the Configuration tab in the Site Administration page.

And indeed:

sudo -u gitea /opt/gitea/gitea help returns:

DEFAULT CONFIGURATION:
     CustomPath:  /opt/gitea/custom
     CustomConf:  /opt/gitea/custom/conf/app.ini
     AppPath:     /opt/gitea/gitea
     AppWorkPath: /opt/gitea

Same thing in the app itself (sorry, screenshot in French):

So you can create the templates directory in /opt/gitea/custom. Do it as gitea though (sudo -u gitea bash).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.