Creating WebDAV on Nginx creates a 403 forbidden

Hello, so I wanted to create a nginx WebDAV to sync my files across Zotero (a bibliography software) apps.
I came across an old YunoHost app (here), which I couldn’t instal. I also found this old YNH forum post where it describes how to create an nginx webdav, according to the nginx documentation.

I tried following that instructions, changing relevant commands to use my domain, but keeping the 777 permissions to every user just to be sure it would work. When I try to access it through the ynh portal I get a 403 forbidden error, I think it may be related to permissions, but I need further help to make it work. Thank you in advance.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 2B at home
YunoHost version: 11.2.10
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

That’s a bad idea.
You can use nextcloud or seafile for webdav. I know that’s huge app for only webdav.
I have installed wsgidav and redirect app. It works

Everything works great with wsgidav, thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m happy for you. If you find it very useful and have some spare time you may try to package it for yunohost. It’s easy, if you’re confortable with cli, it takes may be one hour or two to understand how it works.

1 Like

Hi, you can follow this tutorial. It helped me have a working webdav server. I made a folder in multimedia and pointed wsgidav to use it

I forgot to mention that you have to edit nginx config to add client_max_body_size 10G;

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.