"Could not upgrade Nextcloud"

My YunoHost server

Hardware: 2012 Intel Nuc
YunoHost version: 11.2.10.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH, Through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance? : no
If yes, please explain:**
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: 27.1.4~ynh1

Description of my issue

I have a similar issue to this thread: Nextcloud - update from v27 to v28 failed (because of incompatible nextcloud apps)

I updated apps for Nextcloud and it is saying that i didnt update an app called “breezedark”. Im guessing this is a skin.

https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/efasojatoh

How would i fix this? I have tried commands in yunohost ssh and there have been permissions issues so i never touch it.

Thank you for the help in advance.

It is no more supported so remove it. You can have dark mode in accessibility

Sorry for being a noob but how can I do that?

Don’t be sorry
In nextcloud go to apps, there you’ll find it, disable it and remove it

I cant get access into the dashboard

There is a command line utility for Nextcloud, occ (for owncloud console, if I recall correctly).

I found this post showing how to use it for themes:

./occ config:system:set theme --value=MyTheme

Someone wrote a more generic post with a list of occ-commands at Essential Commands for Managing Apps with 'occ' - NextCloud - LIGHTNING COMPUTER REPAIR & SOLUTIONS

The command is found in /var/www/nextcloud/. I always struggle with it :blush:

You’d log into your Yunohost and then

$ sudo su - 
# cd /var/www/nextcloud/
# sudo -u nextcloud php ./occ config:system:set theme "Nextcloud"

… whit some caveats:

• the php command probably needs a specific version. If I run it with just php, occ complains it needs PHP > 8.xy. I get best results substituting php with php8.1; try php8.2 as well.
  • I don’t know how the theme is named internally. I guessed “Nextcloud”, as that is the name of the theme in my installation and the name of the theme in the screenshot in the Nextcloud docs

The screenshot in your last post does not look very helpful. Perhaps there are more details in the browser console at F12.

You can use sudo yunohost app shell nextcloud to run occ commands as nextcloud user. You just run php8.2 --define apc.enable_cli=1 occ app:list for example.
In the case of @Joe224, you’ll have to run the first command above then
php8.2 --define apc.enable_cli=1 occ app:remove breezedark

1 Like

Okay I figured it out. @wbk and @jarod5001 Thank you guys, honestly.

sudo su -
cd /var/www/nextcloud/
sudo -u nextcloud php ./occ config:system:set theme “Nextcloud”

This worked I tried “Nextcloud” and “default” so i dont know which one it was probably Nextcloud.

After that I ran into the issue of having the login page with this message: We have detected multiple invalid login attempts from your IP. Therefore your next login is throttled up to 30 seconds.

So I was thinking I must have disabled an essential app while trying to force this update so I brought up the applist in ssh reading around the forum and noticed suspicious_login, twofactor_totp and something else was disabled and I realized what i did. Now everything is how it should be.

I will continue to learn and try to pass on the help to someone else that is new or needs help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.