Misc news since last time
- TODO: Maybe precise what the money will be used for in page
- Aleks proposes to take 3€ / week as nominal take to cover the 12€ / months for the forum…
- Wait to setup the thing with Framasoft, then go for an announcement / call for donation somwhere ? (forum, mastodon, twitter, linuxfr, …?)
[Infra] What about Globenet server ?
[Maniack] almost finished to rework the build script of the official CI. So, 2 containers for a CI testing/unstable and ARM would be great
- Our last discussion about this machine is here https://pad.lqdn.fr/p/yunohost-19-12-2017
- One pending point was to set up the whole lxc/lxd things to get something similar to bearnaise (maybe look at /root/vm_builders in bearnaise and see how the whole thing was setup)
Todo: [ljf] setup LXC/LXD and other things on the globenet server
[Lets Encrypt / nohost.me] Rate limit issues
Ongoing request on the public suffix list - though they dont seem to be too reactive so maybe anticipate other alternatives … : https://github.com/publicsuffix/list/pull/615
This is the form from Let’s Encrypt which we already filled in the past but could try again :
Todo: say dns are up to date on PR 615 (ljf)
Todo fill again the LE form
Todo maybe call a Nitot
[Apps] Packaging format improvements ?
Discussions about possible improvements to the packaging format :
=> it seems more urgent to improve the user experience with installation, especially get a proper log in case of errors / failures
(related PR : https://github.com/YunoHost/yunohost/pull/165 )
TODO : ljf rename log in PR about yunohost journal
[Apps] Handle HEAD commits in app lists
Follow-up of discussion in previous meeting, there is now a POC, to be merged / tested in real life :
[Apps] Keep track of app maintained / unmaintained ?
It’s currently difficult to know if an app is actively maintained or not, and this leads to several issues.
c.f. https://github.com/YunoHost/project-organization/issues/60 for the whole explanation
Proposal is to, automatically, after (for instance) 90 days of no commits :
- open an issue “Maintenance ping” to ask if this app is still being maintained
- if issues gets closed, assume that yes, then app is still maintained (maintained = True)
- if issue stays open more than, say, 20 days (either because maintainer inactive, or because explicitly state that he/she won’t maintain it anymore), then maintained = False
- at any point, somebody can ask to become the new maintainer, then maintained switch to True
Also brings the point of : what to do with previous maintainer identity (keep it somewhere ?)
-> Add an entry in the manifest: old_maintainers. At least try it…
TODO : (Alex) Proceed with a proof of concept of this
[Stretch] Progress / status
We’re in alpha testing o/ Alpha-testing phase for YunoHost on Debian Stretch
First batch of feedback pretty useful, a few things fixed / improved.
Work on several broken official apps in parallel (some already fixed, e.g. transmission)
Made a quick test with a postgresql app (coin), sounds like it’s still working after the migration … (both 9.4 and 9.6 installed) so we might as well decide to not support the migration automatically.
Major points to investigate at the moment :
- why do some -ynh-deps get removed during the migration ?
- converge about https://github.com/YunoHost/yunohost/pull/381 , related to https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh/pull/96 ?
- (test migration in webadmin)
- ideally, need some tests close to test case #3
- advise people at the end of the migration to upgrade their app if some issues are found with them
- think about UX / ways to really highlight the disclaimer during migration …
- also advise people to download their backup before the migration
April 3th, 2018