Connect Peertube with Wasabi

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: YunoHost 11.2.4 (stable)
I have access to my server : All of these: Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain:

I made these following changes in the yaml file.

object_storage:
  enabled: true

# Without protocol, will default to HTTPS
  endpoint: 's3.ap-northeast-2.wasabisys.com' # 's3.amazonaws.com' or 's3.fr-par.scw.cloud' for example

region: 'ap-northeast-2'

upload_acl:
    # Set this ACL on each uploaded object of public/unlisted videos
    public: 'public-read'
    # Set this ACL on each uploaded object of private/internal videos
    # PeerTube can proxify requests to private objects so your users can access them
    private: 'private'

proxy:
    # If private files (private/internal video files) have a private ACL, users can't access directly the ressource
    # PeerTube can proxify requests between your object storage service and your users
    # If you disable PeerTube proxy, ensure you use your own proxy that is able to access the private files
    # Or you can also set a public ACL for private files in object storage if you don't want to use a proxy
    proxify_private_files: true

credentials:
    # You can also use AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID env variable
    access_key_id: 'X'
    # You can also use AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY env variable
    secret_access_key: 'X'

# Maximum amount to upload in one request to object storage
  max_upload_part: 100MB

streaming_playlists:
    bucket_name: 'domain.com'

# Allows setting all buckets to the same value but with a different prefix
    prefix: 'hrjh:' # Example: 'streaming-playlists:'

# Base url for object URL generation, scheme and host will be replaced by this URL
    # Useful when you want to use a CDN/external proxy

base_url: 'https://s3.ap-northeast-2.wasabisys.com' # Example: 'https://mirror.example.com'

# Same settings but for webtorrent videos
  videos:
    bucket_name: 'domain.com'
    prefix: 'wt:'
    base_url: 'https://s3.ap-northeast-2.wasabisys.com'

If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: 5.2.0~ynh1

Description of my issue

Like I mentioned above, I filled in the above information in the production.yaml file. (I know I should make changes in local.yaml) I am just hope to get peertube to connect with Wasabi first.

After I uploaded one file. I can play the audio on my website. But there is no “move-to-object-storage” job.

On the other hand, in the log file.

Move-to-object-stroage job has been created, yet my bucket is still empty. No files is uploaded.

Thanks for read my post. I can give you my bucket credentials to try these configs.

Being not an expert on the matter, why would you expect such job to happen? Which software handles the job?

I have my guess, but please explain further what you want. Have you simply restarted Peertube so that it takes into account the new configuration?

No. I have not restarted Peertube after reset the configs. I just did. And you are Right. After restarted Peertube, it can upload to the cloud storage. **Thanks you so much. :tulip: ** I have struggle with this for months, and asked so many people, no one said restarted Peertube.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.