Configuring reverse DNS

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 4.3.4
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I’m attempting to do an initial setup of Vaultwarden but “The reverse DNS is not correctly configured in IPv4” error I believe is preventing the email send of the key to create the initial account. I’ve attempted to configure reverse DNS in my Asuswrt router however it’s clearly not working. I’m not understanding the Yunohost docs and no luck in forum search. I’m using nohost.me with DDNS in router configured to a dyndns.org account which redirects to my nohost.me domain. Probably doing something wrong here. Port 25 looks fine is diagnostics. How are ya’ll getting this to work?

A missing reverse DNS (also ‘rDNS’, or ‘pointer’) does not prevent your Yunohost from sending an email, but it could be that a provider such as Hotmail or Gmail does not allow emails to be received.

Other than most DNS setting, reverse DNS is managaged by the owner of the IP address, not by the owner of the domain.

• If you’re running Yunohost at home, your ISP controls the IP. With luck they provide a control panel where you can set it, otherwise you have to send them an email asking them to set the reverse DNS to zucc.noho.st (for example) for your IP
  • If you run a VPS, the control panel has an option to set the rDNS

You already told you use an old computer, so I’d say the first option is for you: call or mail your internet provider to ask them to set the rDNS.

1 Like

Should that email go to my nohost.me email? I get the diagnostic and app install updates there.

That could be.

I think it will be sent to the Yunohost-user that you configured under “Choose an administrator user for this app” when installing Vaultwarden.

Is your nohost.me-mail seperate from Yunohost (ie, did you configure it as email forward for your Yunohost-admin account)?

Do you remember which account you set as admin for Vaultwarden, and did you check the mailbox of that user?

Yes have checked mail for that user and no luck. I turned on mail forwarding after things weren’t working and I’m now receiving the Yunohost diagnostic emails there but nothing from VW. Everytime I’ve tried creating the initial VW account I get the “email reg is not working or user already exists”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.