Configure DNS record so all subdomains of one domain work with yunohost?

I’m wondering if anyone has tried a setup where they configure the DNS record for one domain such that every subdomain of that domain works with yunohost, without further modification?

or if such a configuration could be possible?

for example if the domain was mydomain.com,
mail.mydomain.com
nextcloud.mydomain.com
ether.mydomain.com

could all be subdomains to be used with yunohost. I would still need to add each subdomain as a “domain” through the yunohost interface, but such that no further DNS modifications would be necessary.

currently, I create a new bind9 configuration for each new subdomain for each new app, using a small script to copy a template… but maybe there is some way to make this unnecessary?

in particular as I help setup non-technical users, it seems like such a configuration could be useful

curious to hear any setups or thoughts

1 Like

This is something I am also interested on.
For each subdomain I need to go and create two entries on my DNS provider:

• A record, pointing to my server IP
  • AAA record, pointing to my IPV6 server IP

The funny thing is that, I add values for a subdomain, an then the sub-sub domain of that name (which is what I want) also works.

So, I have my domain like yuno.mydomain.com, and I want to create xxx.yuno.mydomain.com then I need to ad two A and AAA records for xxx in my DNS provider, and then both xxx.mydomain.com and xxx.yuno.mydomain.com will work.