Changing root email domain name

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS (Google Cloud free tier)
YunoHost version: 4.2.5.3x
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin |
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hi, I have been using Yunohost for a few years already for hosting some apps. I am having trouble in setting the root service email to the proper domain. My default domain for Yunohost SSO page is apps.example.com but my external email service has the domain example.com. System services try to send email from root@apps.example.com instead of root@example.com. I have adjusted email the alias of the admin user to root@example.com and a test mail from the command line (with mail command) is being received properly.

How can I adjust the email domain for system services? I want to install Vaultwarden but I can’t receive the token via email.

Thanks,

UPDATE: For now, I managed to receive the email after I changed the default root email address by following method 1 in this tutorial.

But this is a hardwired change and may not work if the host is moved or the domain name changed (which I don’t foresee doing it anytime soon). Is there a neater solution to this problem?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.