Change Wordpress configs(max_input_vars & execute_time)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.2.4 (stable)
I have access to my server : all of these: Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen |
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain:

Firstly, I added the following line in wp-config.php file(/var/www/wordpress)

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define('max_input_vars', '2000');
define('execute_time', '120');

the first line works, and the rest doesn’t.

Secondly, I added the wordpress.conf in the /etc/php/8.2/fpm/pool.d

php_admin_value[execute_time] = 120
php_admin_value[max_input_vars] = 20000

since I see the following in this file(obviously, it is not a good idea, after I made this changes, I believe it leads to php8.2-fpm failed, and cannot restart again, then I can restart php8.2-fpm after delete the above two lines)

php_admin_value[upload_max_filesize] = 50M
php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 64M
php_admin_value[post_max_size] = 50M

After adding these lines (execute_time and max_input_vars ones) , the settings on the wordpress theme page :

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 4.41.58 PM

If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Wordpress 6.3.0~ynh1

Description of my issue

I need to chage Wordpress configs(max_input_vars & execute_time). I did not find .htaccess file nor php.ini. After searching this forum, I try to make changes on the above two files(wp-config.php and “wordpress.conf”).

Thanks advance for your help. :grinning:

Rule of thumb, if you break a service while altering its configuration, share its logs. They usually tell you what’s wrong.
Should not it be php_admin_value[max_execution_time] = 120 ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.