Change port 443 and more problems

hello! i need help with changing the port and the following problems.

i have already searched the forum and found some information that you have to change this in ngnix. but it doesn’t say any more precise changes, nor what effect this will have on me.

Forum entry
Logged into the server as admin using SSH.
cd /etc/nginx/conf.d
sudo nano myDomain.local.conf
Changed 443 to my new port 8443.
/etc/init.d/nginx restart
In the admin web page I opened the new port.

I opened the port 8443 in the firewall

I can log in to myDomain.local
1st problem
if i now open an application e.g. plex the myDomain.local/plex starts BUT i always get redirected to myDomain.local/yunohost/admin/ no matter which application and i don’t get to any application

2nd problem
when i start the portscanner all standard ports of yunohost are open but the 8443 port is not

what is my problem?
Have I set something wrong?

Yunohost 11.2.11.3

server {
    listen 8433 ssl http2;
    listen [::]:8433 ssl http2;
    server_name myDomain.local;

include /etc/nginx/conf.d/security.conf.inc;

ssl_certificate /etc/yunohost/certs/myDomain.local/crt.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/yunohost/certs/myDomain.local/key.pem;

location ^~ '/.well-known/autoconfig/mail/' {
        alias /var/www/.well-known/myDomain.local/autoconfig/mail/;
    }

Hello,

Unfortunately the post you found is ten years old. Since then, we consider changing the HTTPS port to be “a too weird of a use case” and we won’t provide any “official” support for this, i.e. we can talk about it, up until volunteer exhaustion.

• Can you provide context on why you need to change the HTTPS port?
  • Have you opened the port in the router’s firewall?
  • What URL are you inputting in your browser to the app access?
  • the reason why i want to change the port: i have a firewall with ngnix. behind it is a nas and yunohost. i have a domain and ngnix can split the domain but only to one ip with port. that means the nas has e.g. port 7443 and yunohost 8443. if i now leave yunohost on 443, it is possible that there are problems with so many devices with a standard port.

• Port 443 is open for the internet and as I said, Ngnix forwards it.

• As I said, I enter myDomain.local/plex and am redirected to myDomain.local/yunohost/admin/.

So it is a reverse proxy situation. Thanks for clarifying. :slight_smile:
You may indeed have found multiple discussions about it on the forum. You should share your “firewall with NGINX” configuration.

That’s normal if you have not opened the port on the “firewall with NGINX”. Since you are in a reverse proxy configuration, you should ignore that test.