Castopod not posting out to the fediverse

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Linode VPS - 1core 2gig
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3 (stable).
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

I have installed Castopod. Everything seems to have gone well as far as setup. I then followed my Castopod instance with my Mastodon account and did some test posts. I see nothing showing up in my feed. I asked around on Castopod gitlab and they suggested checking cron, which is running. But I’m at a loss on exactly what I’m checking or how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you.

Replying to myself. So I know it has to do with cron for sure, I just have to write a cron job for it, but I’m not exactly sure on the syntax and where things are located in the system. These are the instructions I have…

For broadcasting social activities to the fediverse, add a cron task on
your web server to run every minute (replace the paths accordingly):
* * * * * /path/to/php /path/to/castopod/public/index.php scheduled-activities

I’m just not 100% sure on the proper paths.

Cron jobs are installed as default…

I have pushed an update to master. can you upgrade and tell if the issue persists?

Edit the cron path is /etc/cron.d/castopod

I ran the update, but now my castopod is giving me a Whoops! Message. Maybe I will redo it.

So I removed it, reinstalled and setup. I ssh’d in and checked that the corn file was there and it is. But posts still don’t show up… I’ve done a few tests…

I checked the syslog file and don’t see anything pertaining to castopod

Hey, I got this working now. The auto-created cron job needs a blank line at the bottom, or else cron sees it as an issue and doesn’t run the job.

Ah damn. Thanks for the investigation! I will correct that.

2 Likes

I took the liberty to open a PR. :slight_smile: Add blank line before EOF in cron by tituspijean · Pull Request #70 · YunoHost-Apps/castopod_ynh · GitHub

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.