Can't upgrade synapse (and the upgrade kills fail2ban)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 11.1.19
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: synapse 1.79.0~ynh1 (and fail2ban 0.11.2-2)

Description of my issue

Trying to upgrade the program in subject I get this error

Warning: ERROR: pip's dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.
Warning: setuptools-rust 1.5.2 requires setuptools>=62.4, but you have setuptools 60.8.2 which is incompatible.

and the a long series of lines of errors (see hastebin for the log).

After the failed upgrade fail2ban gives an error (see hastebin for the full log) and I need to restart fail2ban manually and then it works normally

[EDIT]
P.S.: maybe this problem is related to the message in Erreur durant mise à jour Synapse avec setuptools-rust 1.5.2 et setuptools 60.8.2

Hello,

Yes, I have exactly the same problem you describe.
And I don’t know if it comes from the Yunohost updater or from Synapse package.
I haven’t try to update manualy setuptools. The system upgrade by Yunohost doesn’t upgrade setuptools.

Especting an aswer, even if it’s “I don’t know…”.

Bye,

Hello,
Same log than you. My Yunohost is on Raspberry 4, OS is 32 bits. Are you also with 32 bits OS ?
Thank you.

Yes, I am on a 32 bit version of the OS (quite an old installation)

Hi,
My server is a Odroid N2+ 64bits with Yunohost 64bits.

Linux 6.1.11-meson64 #23.02.2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Feb 18 00:07:55 UTC 2023 aarch64

But I have the same problem.

Bye,

Hello,
Same failure after Yunohost upgrade (11.1.19 to 11.1.20).
Bye.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.