Can't upgrade nextcloud to 28.0.4

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 11.2.10.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: nextcloud28.0.4

Description of my issue

This night I tried to upgrade my nextcloud installation but after more then 8 hours the process was still stuck at the first step. So I stopped the upgrade and now I am waiting for the restore process.

Her https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/jijefoboro there is the log of the failed upgrade.

it seems the hour have changed since the process or I mistake ??
How this possible a request chown can’t take so much time ??

2024-04-05 23:06:38,396: DEBUG - + chown -R nextcloud: /var/www/nextcloud /home/yunohost.app/nextcloud
2024-04-06 03:34:33,976: DEBUG - + exec_occ -V

perhaps you may try not stopping manually the process…
Do you have this line in /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php ?

'maintenance_window_start' => 1,

If it is look here what does it means Background jobs — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

In the config/config.php file you can specify this config. Some background jobs only run once a day. When an hour is defined (timezone is UTC) for this config, the background jobs which advertise themselves as not time-sensitive will be delayed during the “working” hours and only run in the 4 hours after the given time. This is e.g. used for activity expiration, suspicious login training, and update checks.

A value of 1 e.g. will only run these background jobs between 01:00am UTC and 05:00am UTC:

Pehaps first just upgrade the apps before upgrading nextcloud also…

Good catch, I did not notice this. I cannot figure the reason why this chown was so long: I have a huge dataset for nextcloud (~226 Giga) but this time is really long.

No, I stopped the process very later.

I stopped the process and I have now the old version. And still, the recover process takes many hours.

So now I am stuck with this version. I will try again a next night.

Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.