Can't restore .tar.gz file to a fresh yunohost installation

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online

YunoHost version: 11.1.19 (stable).

I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes

Description of my issue

Hello all, I hope someone can help. I made a backup of my yunohost in .tar.gz format, so compressed, by checking “yes” in the settings under compress backup. I’ve downloaded the .tar.gz file, ready to migrate my yunohost from one vps[digital ocean] to another [tna hosting]. I stupidly destroyed the droplet on digital ocean, my previous provider, so can’t get access to anything there anymore, and now having trouble restoring the backup. Uploaded it to the /home/yunohost.backup/archives folder, ran yunohost backup restore [filename] and it threw a load of errors and basically said, the file isnt a .tar file. looking at prev backups I downloaded, I see they have simlinks and info.json files, which I don’t have for this latest backup. is there an easy way to restore this latest backup or will I have to do with an earlier one where I have the complete files for it?
take care

We can’t help you without some actual accurate detail about what these errors are

Hello Aleks, sorry I didn’t copy the errors the first time round, here they are.

https://paste.yunohost.org/xanasugola.rb
take care

Hello all,
any update on this?

So hmyeah it says it’s not a .tar.gz file … are you sure this is supposed to be a .tar.gz file and that you did not mistakenly rename the file from .tar to .tar.gz ?

I don’t think so, I simply downloaded the file from yunohost at the time I backed it up, using chrome browser. managed to extract the contents of the file too, so it must have been tar.gz for the decompression to work I’m guessing? got all the files like apps, config etc. do you know if I can manually murge the config for mastodon in the file with the config for mastodon now running on my server, ie the posts etc so I can get all my posts back, as everything else was the same apart from mastodon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.