Can't install pihole – "error inside the app installation script"

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 at home
I have access to my server : Through SSH and webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: 5.14.2~ynh1

Description of my issue

I’m trying to install pihole. After a while the installation script exits with the (rather nondescript) error message An error occurred inside the app installation script. Here’s my paste log.

The problem seems to be with the user group “admin”. When I grep admin /etc/group, the result is empty. Adding the group by hand doesn’t change anything; the script exits with the exact same error.

In case it’s relevant: In the pre-install selection screen I chose to log queries and to use pihole as my DHCP server.

Any ideas?

You are on 11.1 and probably did not get rid of the legacy admin user, as advised by the release note.

Or anyway you should pick a different user for the “Choose an administrator for this app” question during PiHole install

You’re right, with a user who is not admin the install process finishes fine. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.