Can't install both mautrix bridges to matrix (whatsapp/signal)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.2.6.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

1. I can’t update the matrix-whatsapp-bridge. I tried to deinstall it. In the webadmin in the section apps there is still an entry “Matrix-Whatsapp-bridge”. After clicking on it, a white page appears with nothing to click at. Here is the log of the failed update

Maybe a clean deinstallation is key? I already did a “sudo apt autoremove” but i don’t know how to deinstall this bridge via command line.

1. This seems to be not interconnected, but i also can’t install the signal-matrix-bridge. Here is the log. I searched for the error message and got this instruction. I did all this, rebooted and still got the error message:

If you see that everything is properly installed already, take the following steps:

• Type the following code to upgrade setuptools - pip install --upgrade setuptools
  • If setuptools is up to date, check whether module ez_setup is missing. If it is missing, then use the following code to install it - pip install ez_setup
  • Then type in this code****-**** pip install unroll
  • If all this does not work, then maybe pip did not install or upgrade setup_tools properly. In that case, you can try this code: easy_install -U setuptools

Here are some ways to upgrade setuptools using pip:

• sudo pip install --upgrade setuptools
  • sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
  • sudo apt-get install python-dev
  • sudo apt install python-pip

And then, type this

• pip install unroll

Does anyone got a hint what to try next? The matrix server synapse is working just fine.

Thanks in advance!

Salut,

Thank you, merci! I will watch github on this issue!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.