Can't connect XMPP server with Converse.js

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 ARM64
YunoHost version: 11.0.9.13
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello,
I can’t connect XMPP server with converse.js, I tried with online version, desktop version and inside Ferdi, I have this message :

Connection failure

Sorry, we could not connect to the XMPP host with domain: "xxxx.nohost.me"

I tried with Thunderbird, Movim and Conversation (android) and it’s working fine.

Thanks for Help.

Sounds probably related to the current issue with XMPP DNS records on .nohost.me domains (cf your Diagnosis results ?)

The issue is to be fixed in the next micro-release

1 Like

Yes I have this warnings :

Certains enregistrements DNS sont manquants ou incorrects pour le domaine raspeta.nohost.me (catégorie xmpp)

La configuration DNS de ce domaine devrait être automatiquement gérée par YunoHost. Si ce n'est pas le cas, vous pouvez essayer de forcer une mise à jour en utilisant yunohost dyndns update --force.
    Cet enregistrement DNS ne semble pas correspondre à la configuration recommandée :
    Type : CNAME
    Nom : muc
    La valeur actuelle est : xxxx.nohost.me.nohost.me.
    La valeur attendue est : xxxx.nohost.me.
    Cet enregistrement DNS ne semble pas correspondre à la configuration recommandée :
    Nom : pubsub
    Nom : vjud
    Nom : xmpp-upload

Yunohost 11.0.9.14 should fix that issue (though you will still need to run yunohost dyndns update --force)

1 Like

Thanks but still have this error (I run yunohost dyndns update --force before) :

Certains enregistrements DNS sont manquants ou incorrects pour le domaine raspeta.nohost.me (catégorie xmpp)

La configuration DNS de ce domaine devrait être automatiquement gérée par YunoHost. Si ce n'est pas le cas, vous pouvez essayer de forcer une mise à jour en utilisant yunohost dyndns update --force.
    Nom : muc

Yeah I saw that kind of thing too when fixing the issue … for some reason it only remains for “muc” but not the 3 others … And after digging in I just found that it’s some weird cache issue happening … Like if you try to run dig +short muc.yourdomain.nohost.me @8.8.8.8 from the command line, you should see the answer “muc.yourdomain.nohost.me” (maybe with a dot at the end) which is the expected result

So the issue should just disappear by itself in a couple hours … Or I just missed something

When I run dig +short muc.mydomain.nohost.me @8.8.8.8
I see :

mydomain.nohost.me.
xx.xx.xxx.xx (my IP) 

yes that’s the expected result, so there’s just cache somewhere and that’ll get fixed “by itself”

1 Like

Yes this is OK now, no more warnings in diagnosis results, but I still can’t connect with Converse.js…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.