Can't change app access URL path(synapse-admin)

Hi!

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VirtualBox VM at home
YunoHost version: 11.1.21.4
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: synapse-admin 0.8.7~ynh2

Description of my issue

I am trying out YunoHost 11.1.21.4 on a VirtualBox VM and I’m having success with it except on one point. I cannot seem to change the URL of an existing app (Synapse-admin). When trying to change my Synapse-admin from example.com to example.com/synapse-admin or any other text after the slash, I get the following error:

Error: "400"
Action: "PUT" /yunohost/api/apps/synapse-admin/changeurl
synapse-admin cannot be moved to this new URL because it requires a full domain (i.e. with path = /)

I don’t have any issue switching to another domain but would prefer to have this app on example.com/some-text-here rather than its own subdomain.

I searched but I couldn’t find anyone else with this error message.

I am trying to change the domain by clicking Save on this (domain name obscured for anonymity reasons):

And that’s when I get the pop-up with the error.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

Hello and welcome!

You are being stubborn. This app requires its own domain or subdomain. It will not work if installed on a subpath, as stated by the error message.

(Source: I packaged the app)

1 Like

Ok, sorry. I did not realise that from the message and also the UI element allowing for text after the slash. Very new to this. Thanks.

That’s indeed something we could improve in the UI.

Enjoy YunoHost!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.