Cant auth at Metronome xmpp

• READ ME AND USE THIS TEMPLATE IF YOU WANT TO GET HELP ! You may ask your question in english or french, whichever is easiest for you… But please use one of the templates provided below :wink:

:uk:/:us: Message template (english)

The “support” category is meant to ask for help or troubleshooting related to installing or using YunoHost or its applications. It is not to ask assistance on general system administration, network administration or special use cases that goes beyond the scope of the project. If you wish to discuss more advanced use case, please post in the “Advanced Use Case” category.

Before posting, please :

My YunoHost server

Hardware: for now, vps at home, 3gb ram, 2cpu, classic hdd,
YunoHost version: 11.1.0.2 (testing)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? yes
If yes, please explain: I have uploaded custom certificates, added postfix to ssl-certs group, edited metronome config (extdisco),

Description of my issue

Heallo all self-hosters :slight_smile:
I can not to successfully authentificate at Metronome service. I see this logs everytime, when I try to login via xmpp client:

nov 11 13:20:58 slapd[757]: <= mdb_substring_candidates: (mail) not indexed
nov 11 13:20:58 slapd[757]: <= mdb_substring_candidates: (mail) not indexed

something with ldap service. All yunohost services are running - metronome too. Ports at firewall are opened, user/pass are right. Can you help me with?

as username , have tried with short username and full username at server. I mean like jookk and jookk@ynh.server

Thank You, I resolved this issue.
I have multiple domains, but not all are used for mail serving.
One of the domains is used for xmpp, but users do not had email addresses (aliases) at that domain for xmpp.

So I tried to add mail alias with that xmpp domain and it working now fine!
Huraay! :rocket:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.