Cannot use UPnP after update

:uk:/:us: Message template (english)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi (version 4) at home
YunoHost version: 11.2.4
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin (kindoff)
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hi, after updating yunohost today (7 october 2023), I am unable to use UPnP (error 500 put failed, and port 1900 already open/closed). The same Put error also occured when trying to access other updates through the webadmin.

I tried turning the server off and on again, but this did not resolve the error.

However, I am able to access my sites/apps through the internal wifi and external network. I am also able to run commands through ssh (even reload firewall). So I feel it is an issue with the webadmin or UPnP specifically.

I find a lot of issues on the forum with UPnP similar to mine which did not get resolved from a few years back. Did those issues get resolved somewhere else and how?

to phrase the question more clearly: is there a trouble shooting guide somewhere specifically for the webadmin and UPnP? Or, is there an issue fix with the issue of UPnP after an update?

(note: responds en Français sont aussi bien venu)

UPnP is kind of an unmaintained feature, even though it’d be pretty great to have it reliable and despite this some people get it working, which sounds pretty magical to us maintainers

Unfortunately we don’t know what you mean by “use UPnP”. Please describe precisely the steps that you perform, on which interface (webadmin ? CLI ?)

Please also share the details of the error / logs …

Hi, thanks for your answer. the issue seems resolved now, but to answer the questions for others:

I tried to “enable UPnP” in the webadmin. but it gave an error saying enabling UPnP. The only error message given was an error 500, saying the Put request failed, next warnings were that port 1900 was already open, next message was port 1900 was already closed.

However, the issue seems to be resolved today. But cannot say what did it: there were a bunch of other updates that came through, I restarted the server, tried restarting the yunohost-api, slapd and did succeed in reloading the firewall through ssh… so no clue what the actual issue was.

Thanks for replying in any case.

In any case to be able to help with technical issues next time, we need the exact step you performed, and we need the actual messages, not a paraphrasing of the error message … I’m pretty sure the actual error message at least contained the API route of the problematic action, without which we can’t even have a clear idea of the exact context of the issue …

Same error here …
I did the following: via web admin:

1. Diagnosis
  2. Firewall >>> uPnP enable
  3. Returned error as this :slight_smile:

Error: "500"

Action: "PUT" /yunohost/api/firewall/upnp/enable

Error message:

Could not open port via UPnP

While processing the action the server said:

Firewall reloaded

Port 1900 is already closed for IPv4 connections

Port 1900 is already closed for IPv6 connections

Firewall reloaded

1. Went to terminal access via ssh and gave following commands:
yunohost firewall allow -4 Both port 1900
yunohost firewall upnp enable

Returned this:

Warning: Port 1900 is already opened for IPv6 connections
Success! Firewall reloaded
Warning: Port 1900 is already closed for IPv4 connections
Error: Could not open port via UPnP

I then tried this command:

yunohost firewall allow -4 Both --no-upnp 1900
Warning: Port 1900 is already opened for IPv4 connections
Warning: Port 1900 is already closed for IPv6 connections
opened_ports: 

After all that I typed yunohost firewall upnp enable and it returned:

Warning: Port 1900 is already closed for IPv4 connections
Warning: Port 1900 is already closed for IPv6 connections
Error: Could not open port via UPnP

After that I gave up …

Just following along here, as I have noticed my YNH-instance has the same issue of UPnP being disabled in the firewall settings after reboot of the server. Bit of a problem, if one is not near the home network.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.