Cannot install Wordpress at root path

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.0.8.3
I have access to my server : through the webadmin / or ssh
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

Hi,
I tried to install Wordpress as a public site, but with the path set to “/” instead of the default “/blog”, as I wanted Wordpress to be my start page.
Multisite deactivated, Public Wordpress site activated.

Resulting warning: Du wirst keine weiteren Apps auf MYDOMAIN.TLD installieren können (i.e. you won’t be able to install any other apps on mydomain.tld)

Resulting error message (my translation):
`
This URL is not available or is used by an installed application:

• mydomain.tld/nextcloud → Nextcloud (nextcloud)
    … and 4 other mappings, all with a subpath, none of them withjout
    Installation failed.
    `

On my very first Yunohost installation, I remember, I could install Wordpress on the root path, now I cannot.

Any idea, what can be wrong?

As the (second) message is trying to suggest, you cannot because other applications are already installed on that domain. Basically if you would install wordpress on domain.tld/ and nextcloud on domain.tld/nextcloud, your server could not guess if a browser request the page domain.tld/nextcloud if this corresponds to the application nextcloud or a “sub-part” of the wordpress application …

Of course in this example it sounds obvious that domain.tld/nextcloud corresponds to the nextcloud … but imagine if you installed nextcloud on domain.tld/files … than domain.tld/files could perfectly correspond to what wordpress uses to serve its static files.

Thanks four your response, Aleks.

So far, https://mydomain.tld shows the Yunohost login page, which is not what I want.

I would like to see a web page theat I create myself. I wish to do that with Wordpress or any other Yunohost server app.

I am not sure how to achieve this goal.

I think one way to achieve this is to install Wordpress on domain.tld/blog, then click “Make this app the default app for this domain” (or whatever the button in called) in Applications > Wordpress (once you installed it)

That will add a redirect from “/” to “/blog”

Thanks, I found the green button labelled something like “set as standard” marked with a star, located in the Yunohost admin section at applications > Wordpress (or any application).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.