Cannot create a Minecraft Server on Yunohost

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 4.0.7.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin and direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain:
I installed Yunohost from Debian 10 because I couldn’t install the image.

Description of my issue

I tried to install Minecraft Server on Yunohost.
But when I try to connect using Minecraft or by testing the url using curl It always timeout. Except when I use curl on Yunohost itself.

I allowed the firewall using:

sudo ufw allow 25565

And I ran my server using:

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar server.jar nogui

Can you help me?

I don’t think I am very clear in my message so if you don’t understand, please ask me :slight_smile:

PS: Also, I am really a beginner in Yunohost and self-hosting. I installed Yunohost a few hours ago…

Hello, and welcome!

It seems you installed your Minecraft server by yourself, right? Bear in mind that Minecraft is packaged for YunoHost, it takes care of everything. Look it up in your webadmin. :wink:

Anyways, regarding your own setup, you did not use the standard command to open the firewall:

yunohost firewall allow TCP 25565
1 Like

Thanks a lot! You were right about the command, now everything works fine.

Also the package didn’t worked at first hand, then I changed it to upgrade the openjdk version and now it’s working perfectly for vanilla.

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.