Cannot change metadata in Calibre-Web. Database error: attempt to write a readonly database

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4b 8 gig at home
YunoHost version: 11.1.6.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: calibreweb v0.96.19~ynh8

Description of my issue

I’m brand new to using Yunohost and a real novice when it comes to tech stuff like this in general. Any help would be appreciated.

I have Calibre-Web installed and working on my Yunohost server. I can access, search, etc. I copied my Calibre library into an external storage on the Nextcloud instance running on this server as well. It is in the default folder that the Calibre-Web instructions say to use: /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/eBook

All seems to be working, except it is only reading the database and will not make any changes. When I attempt to change metadata for my books, it provides me with this error: Database error: attempt to write a readonly database.

I’ve read some that it is a permissions issue that will not allow me to write to the database. I’ve attempted to use the following to change permissions:

chown -R calibreweb: path/to/library
or
chmod o+rw path/to/library

Of course, my goal is to gain write access so I can upload books and continue editing metadata directly from the web interface.

Thanks in advance for any help you all could provide.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.