Can Synapse-Admin access two Synapse-Servers? (NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource)

Hi guys,

I have two Synapse-Servers and want to access through one Synapse-Admin. But I run into an error.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.1.21.4 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH + through the webadmin
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: synapse-admin 0.8.7~ynh2

Description of my issue

Under one domain (matrix.my1-domain.com) I have installed the Matrix/Synapse-Server. Under the domain admn.my1-domain.com I installed Synapse-Admin. Via CommandLine I could activate the user as admin. I can create users, the users can log in, chat, etc… The whole thing works wonderfully.

Now I wanted to install a second Matrix instance. I took a second domain named matrix.my2-domain.com and installed Matrix/Synapse-Server again. Unfortunately, a second Synapse admin is not possible. But I seem to be able to change the address of the target system with the Synapse-Admin. I have tried that. I can also log in. In addition, I have activated the first user from the new system as admin in the new instance (matrix_synapse__2) via CommandLine. This also worked. I can login into the admin.

When I want to create a new user, and in fact whenever I load new pages in the admin, the error message “NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.” appears. A new user is not created. This does not work.

Does anyone have a tip on what I can do? Is it at all possible to manage different Synapse servers with Synapse Admin?

Thanks for your help
Tinder

Ok, I have now found out that the Error “NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.” has to do with the use of the different domains. The admin is installed under admn.my1-domain.com and the second matrix server under matrix.my2-domain.com.
In the Developer Console of Firefox it says that there are problems with Cross-Origin:
“Cross-source (cross-origin) request blocked: The same-source rule prohibits reading the external resource”.
I have also tried logging in via the public admin (Synapse-Admin). But when doing so, both domains matrix.my1-domain.com and matrix.my2-domain.com get the same cross-origin errors.
So how can I fix this?

Ok, ich habe inzwischen rausbekommen, dass der Fehler “NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.” mit der Nutzung der verschiedenen Domains zu tun hat. Der Admin ist unter admn.my1-domain.com installiert und der zweite Matrix-Server unter matrix.my2-domain.com.
In der Developer-Console vom Firefox ist zu lesen, dass es Probleme mit Cross-Origin gibt:
“Quellübergreifende (Cross-Origin) Anfrage blockiert: Die Gleiche-Quelle-Regel verbietet das Lesen der externen Ressource”
Ich habe auch probiert, mich über den Public-Admin (Synapse-Admin) einzuloggen. Aber dabei gibt es bei beiden Domains matrix.my1-domain.com und matrix.my2-domain.com die selben Cross-Origin-Fehler.
Wie kann ich das also beheben?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.