Calibre database access on server awkwardly denied by calibre desktop app (permissions issue)

Hi everyone and happy friday!!

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home with VPN
YunoHost version: 11.1.8.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH, through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

My issue: I’ve given every possible permission (I think) to the folder in my server in which my calibre library is saved (and which is used by my calibre-web app):
#file: filename #owner: myuser #group: myuser user::rwx group::r-x group:all_users:--- group:myuser:rwx mask::rwx other::rwx
(I know it’s a bit messy, I’m just learning right now chmod [and acl] and things, but I think the setup is right)

Also the metadata.db file in the folder looks all right: #file: metadata.db #owner: myuser #group: myuser user::rw- user:myuser:rwx group::rwx group:multimedia:rwx mask::rwx other::rwx

So what happens. When I try to open the library folder with my calibre desktop (after connecting to my server through sftp on my gnome files app) I get errors from calibre, saying this (last lines): File "src/cursor.c", line 228, in resetcursor apsw.ReadOnlyError: ReadOnlyError: attempt to write a readonly database

Other strange behavior is that if I try to create a library in the folder directly from calibre, I get more or less the same error. Plus the .db file gets created in the folder, but it does actually only have 644 permissions, as if some external constraint was put in the writing permissions.

Any clue about what’s going on? Is it possibile this is just a Calibre issue?
Thanks!!

Hi,
I’m not very familiar with sftp, but are you sure there is no “sftp user” involved somewhere in the process? if this sftp user does not have write access, this may be your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.