BOUNTY: $10 USD over PayPal for someone to package Turtl Server

Hey everybody!

Loving YunoHost, as I’m sure you all are. My only missing app is a good Evernote alternative.

The good news? I’ve found it! Turtl!

The problem is, while I’m very familiar with Linux, app packaging or merely installing it on my YunoHost server independently and integrating it into YunoHost’s amazing SSO solution is a bit beyond me.

If anyone is willing to package it for me on a github, (the server was rewritten since this packaging attempt: github /YunoHost-Apps/Turtl_ynh*) I am more than willing to pay $10 USD over PayPal to compensate them. I know that $10 is pittance for your time, but I am without a job and trying to get my life together, hopefully Turtl will help :wink:

I’m fairly well-known in Linux-y circles, and can prove my identity with an edit to my claim-to-fame website, which is the Guide frequently used and placed in the sidebar of /r/thinkpad on Reddit.

Let me know if you do it! I’ll PayPal you right away after it successfully installs on my little netbook/yunohost.

Thanks for reading,

truefire

*not properly linked as new users are only allowed two links.

1 Like

Alternates:

1 Like

Hello,

Know that I’m working on it!

cordially

But you can keep your money I do this in my free time only because I wish to have turtl: D

1 Like

Thanks! Joplin doesn’t quite cut it for what I’m looking for though!

Edit: I spoke too soon, TagSpaces looks great! Unfortunately, it’s been unmaintained in YunoHost for 3 years.

Thank you so much! Can I get a PM when done?

Thank you!

Have you tried the tagspaces_ynh app?
I developed it a long time ago and haven’t used it since, but in the install I kept the choice between using the old version (1.2 I think) and installing the latest from source.

With some luck, installing from source might even work…

Also I think it wouldn’t take much time to update the app. There were two problems mainly:

• in the latest tagspaces versions, an important button was hidden behind the yunohost tile. Can we disable the ynh tile in some way?
  • I wanted to have a dedicated WebDAV nginx module instead of forcing users to have next cloud, but I couldn’t figure how.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi there.

Re-up this one because I’m a fairly new user to yunohost and a user of turtl so this long inactive discussion is of interest to me.

An implementation of turtl server would be great ! I guess an implementaition of a browser interface would be nice too (framanote style).

I’d be ok to provide any kind of help if someone’s willing to take the lead.

This branch needs to be tested. I am not familiar with Turtl and I don’t know if the config file settings are correct.

Thanks @ericg. Thx a lot for this (super) quick answer. Install is fine on my yunohost but I don’t have it working…

Not sure to fully get it but the interface is not behaving properly, there’s no login page, there’s no way to edit, etc… (see image below)

Capture d’écran 2021-11-26 à 01.13.33.pdf (161.2 KB)

I didn’t have time to find out how more about how Turtl works, but what is installed is just the server and you need a client app to connect to it: Download Turtl | Turtl

The greeting" Hi. " page is I believe what is expected. The official server also returns the same page: https://apiv3.turtlapp.com/

I was not able to connect to the server from a mac client (maybe outdated) and I did not have the opportunity to test the other clients (Android, Linux …)

Ok, sorry for my previous reply. I did not think much…

So turns out that when I try to connect providing my server address: https://turtl.mydomain.nohost.me/
I get an error message:
Connexion échouée -- Error: json: parse error: expected value at line 1 column 1

Also, I belive I’m supposed to first export my notes from the standard server and copy them to my own one… but where exactly ?