BORG - has successfully entered the 'dead' state :)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry + SSD
YunoHost version: 4.0.8
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

BORG : Le service borg est dead :frowning:

Hi there,

I recently experienced an electricity outbreak during a system update that f**ked up my server.
As a safe Yunohoster, I was using the magnificient Borg_ynh for my backup and have had then rebuilt a whole new machine with my backups, and everything worked out of the restoration.

The only problem is that the restored Borg_yhn app seems to work, but the Yunohost diagnostic system reminds me everyday with an email that it doesn’t work and that the borg service is dead.

I checked that and yeah, the borg service is actually dead, but I’m not sure how bad it could be.

On my remote backup server, everything seems fine and all of the backup are there.
I should maybe do a check

Here are the logs that had been taken from the webadmin : https://paste.yunohost.org/adenawurag

You’ll notice that these logs end with this paradoxal but somehow funny sentence :

The unit borg.service has successfully entered the 'dead' state

Thanks very much for your kind help and have a great day all,
Charly

Uh now that you mention it Im wondering if that has anything to do with the powercut …? Borg only “lives” when it creates the backup so indeed when it’s not doing that it’s “dead” …? But that’s weird that nobody reported this so far ?

Well, I re-insatlled the server from scratch (with the Yuno image) after the powercut, so it could not be related, right ?

Yeah, it’s weird that nobody reported this before.

Let’s wait and see

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.