[BookStack] Wiki Bookshelves System

BookStack for YunoHost

Integration level
Install BookStack with YunoHost

Overview

BookStack is a simple, self-hosted, easy-to-use platform for organising and storing information. It is an opinionated wiki system that provides a pleasant and simple out of the box experience.

BookStack is built using PHP, on top of the Laravel framework and it uses MySQL to store data.

Shipped version: 0.31.4

Screenshots

Demo

Documentation

Links

5 Likes

Does it work? Is it safe to install? Is it still marked as low quality when I click “Install with Yunohost” and not listed in the web admin although here it is “Level 7” and “working”.

Anyway, thanks a lot for working with this. I was waiting for this app to be included

It should be good to go. The App library needs some time to upgrade the catalog apps

Thanks a lot. Works perfectly!

Small thing: Test Email failed, maybe because of the port used in the .env file. I changed it from 1025 (?) to standard 25 and the error message disappeared

This is updated in the next version :+1:t2:

Today’s update failed: “Unable to update core dependencies with Composer” was one of the error messages, see log here:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/azuwizuhen

Hello @ericg !
I have seen you recently packaged this interesting wiki. Thanks.
To be honest, I am a little bit lost between the diversity of existing wiki.

I am looking for a easy to use, quite good looking, and not to heavy on my small server. I have already used BookStack and I found it nice.
But I have also seen Yeswiki that seems quite nice.

Could you let me know how you choose BookStack ? Are you using it for your own wiki ? What make it suits you better ?
And finally, do you think you will maintain this package for some time ?

1 Like

Sorry, I left your message behind.
I don’t use BookStack myself, so I can’t advise you on this. You should try it out and see if it meets your needs. The package is maintained.

1 Like

New stable version :tada:

• 7 March 2021 - #16
    • Upgrade to upstream version 0.31.7
2 Likes

New stable version :tada:

• 14 April 2021 - #16
    • Upgrade to upstream version 21.04 (new numbering system)