Bitwarden - OTP error due to server time

:uk:/:us:

My YunoHost server

Hardware: computer
YunoHost version: 4.0.7.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I recently re-installed the Bitwarden app on my phone.
When I tried to log-in, I receive the following error message after entering the OTP code :

Invalid TOTP code! Server time: 2009-09-12 13:23:26 UTC IP:
I tried to log-in in a web browser, with the same result.
The time is correct, but it does not use the correct timezone (it should be 15:23:26 UTC+2, or something like that)
I checked the server and the timezone is the right one.
I also tried the OTP in Nextcdoud, and it worked.

Any idea about what to do for Bitwarden ?

:fr:

Mon serveur YunoHost

Matériel: ordinateur
Version de YunoHost: 4.0.7.1
J’ai accès à mon serveur : En SSH | Par la webadmin
Êtes-vous dans un contexte particulier ou avez-vous effectué des modificiations particulières sur votre instance ? : non

Description du problème

J’ai du ré-installer l’appli Bitwarden sur mon téléphone mais je ne réussis pas à dépasser le code OTP, j’ai le message suivant :

Invalid TOTP code! Server time: 2009-09-12 13:23:26 UTC IP:
J’ai essayé dans un navigateur, même erreur.
L’heure est correcte (il est 15h23 heure de France) et j’ai vérifié côté serveur, il est dans da bonne timezone (Paris).
J’ai essayé de me connecter à Nextcloud, l’OTP marche sans soucis.

Si quelqu’un a une idée de comment gérer ça, ça m’intéresse.

:uk:/:us:
In the bitwarden admin view, there is a time check, and it seems that the problem is not the timezone but the time itself, it drifted of more than 1min, so OTP could not work.

I checked and ntp service was down.

I restarted it (sudo service otp start) and I can now log in again :slightly_smiling_face:

:fr:
Dans l’interface d’administration de Bitwarden, il y a un test de l’heure.

J’ai pu voir que ce n’était pas le fuseau horaire qui posait problème, mais bien l’heure, qui était décalée de plus d’une minute, du coup OTP ne marchait pas.

J’ai regardé et le service ntp était éteint.
Je l’ai relancé (sudo service otp start) et j’ai pu me connecter :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.