Big(ish) Restore Problems. Help!

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: 11.0.9.13
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

First of all, I’m sorry if I have posted a similar problem previous to this. It was not to get attention its just that I was finding new problems as I went along. I will delete these posts. This one brings all of those issues into one, after careful trial and error.

Quick background:
I had a fully working “migrated” YNH server. I then decided that I wanted to put the server on another machine, the same type of machine, no different.

I did a full backup, which I tested. All good.

Installed the latest YNH from the ISO (same as the previous version) The server fired up all good.

I uploaded my backup into the archive directory of the new installation and started the restore.

All of the domains (6) of them came across
All of the users (7) came across

However, the following apps did not restore:
Nextcloud. (I’ve already flagged this up in an earlier post a log)

I tried to install a fresh copy which also failed (posted a log)

I tried to install from fresh AMPACHE and NAVIDROME all of them failed to install from fresh

I created a new user to see what the results were and that threw up errors:

setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share/Playlists: No such file or directory
setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share/Torrent to download: No such file or directory
setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share/Podcasts: No such file or directory
setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share/Torrents: No such file or directory
setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share/Playlists: No such file or directory
setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share/Torrent to download: No such file or directory
setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share/Podcasts: No such file or directory
setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share/Torrents: No such file or directory
Could not run script: /usr/share/yunohost/hooks/post_user_create/ynh_multimedia

Despite the above errors, the new user did get created, and if I ssh I can see the user and the Multimedia directories are there.

I’m not an expert at the deep workings but NEXTCLOUD, AMPACHE, and NAVIDROME need these directories to work, and they do exist as I can see them.

I was able to recover, and they are working:
Wordpress
Yourls
Shell in a box
Invoiceninja 5
Piwigo
Shaarli
Seafile
UnAttended Upgrade
FreshRSS

I can’t restore:
Nextcloud

I can’t install from fresh:
Nextcloud
Ampache
Navidrome

I did:

yunohost tools regenconf nginx --force

but the problem(s) are still there.

All services are running

Now I’m not sure what to do?

Have a good day and a large coffee to whoever can help me out!

Dj

Eeeh okay so let’s check exactly what doesn’t exist ?

Are you able to run these:

ls -l /home/yunohost.multimedia
ls -l /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser
ls -l /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share
ls -l /home/yunohost.multimedia/newuser/Share/Playlists

(NB: no need to share the output, just need to check which is the first that returns “file/directory not found”)

Ah nevermind I just saw your other post …

So what’s puzzling is that the multimedia folder are created, but for some reason setfacl want to apply some permissions to Playlists, Podcasts and Torrents which are not really created because the ones created are more like Music, Video, … so uuuuh I’m confused

Hello @Aleks, thanks for your response…
I show items in all of these directories, for example I see all of the users in the first listing.
Not seen “file/directory not found” when listung any of these directories

Dj

Aaaaand so if you run ls -l /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/, do you really see directories called Playlists, Torrent to download, Podcasts and Torrents ? o_O

Hello… Yes I do. They all have sub directories in them such as torrent etc etc.

I also tried:

apt remove php-igbinary php-redis

Tried a fresh install of Nextcloud, but got the same result…

dj

@Aleks It looks like a recurring issue with Transmission (and I discover here Airsonic does that too) where the multimedia directories symlinks are not removed when the apps are removed. Actually the symlinks shouls be removed when their datadir are removed (thus with --purge).

Are you sure this is the same result exactly ?

@tituspijean : eeeh yeah … but what’s puzzlign is that @deljones seems to suggest that some of these folders actually exist and contain stuff ?

@tituspijean I’m probably talking rubbish here, but I did install Transmission or Airsonic a long time ago, many months or years ago, didn’t really use them and uninstalled them but I see that the directories still exist.

But I was able to install Nextcloud, Ampache etc until this restore event

dj

In that case, let’s :

rm /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/{Playlists,Podcasts,Torrents,Torrent to download}

@aleks

Forgive me:

rm /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/{Playlists,Podcasts,Torrents,Torrent to download}

Is that the full syntax?

because gives:

rm: cannot remove '/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/{Playlists,Podcasts,Torrents,Torrent': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'to': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'download}': No such file or directory

dj

Ah yeah, my bad, spaces are hell, gotta quote the whole thing I guess:

rm "/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/{Playlists,Podcasts,Torrents,Torrent to download}"

eeek! gives:

/home/admin# rm "/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/{Playlists,Podcasts,Torrents,Torrent to download}"
rm: cannot remove '/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/{Playlists,Podcasts,Torrents,Torrent to download}': No such file or directory

dj

Zbglbml :smiley: Wokay let’s stop trying to use smarty-pants syntax :

sudo rm /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Playlists
sudo rm /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Podcasts
sudo rm /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Torrents
sudo rm "/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Torrent to download"
1 Like

Yah!! that did it… So should I try again now with a fresh Nextcloud install and see what happens?

This is all I have left after the rm
eBook Music Picture Video

dj

yup

Gulp! Here goes

dj

@Aleks and @tituspijean

Guess what…?
IT WORKED!!!
Fresh nextcloud installed!!!

I Love you! Sorry

Dj

3 Likes

Can I PM you by clicking your avitar and hitting Message? I guess so…

dj

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.